Ravencoin described by some Community Members
Ravencoin described by some Community Members:
- not owned by very small collective –
- No Asics mining
- Larger growth potential (consider Digibyte example with same supply)
- Strong experienced development/ hitting promised goals
- No internal division (BTC/ETH and ZCL cannot say this)
- Strong backing by big players (TZero/ Patrick Byrne/ Bruce Fenton/ Overstock.com)
- Fair start no premine or ICO (EOS and multiple others in this boat)
- Asset creation future sighted protocol (not a simple cryptocurrency meant for people to simply speculate on
- use case was reason for development) and this wipes out many of the top 50
- Extremely fast transfer times (Dash and LTC have no edge on RVN here which is their big selling points)
- Fast adoption growth (many coins created in 2018 have had issues with their ability to catch on and continuously grow, RVN is one of the fastest growing)
- No masternodes ( masternodes have short lived life span as a selling point, the more people joining the circle the less each member tends to make, making this a better option than masternodes which typically are dumped into maturity)
- Ravencoin is unique in that it can issue, track and transfer assets; tokens which can represent stocks, bonds, rights of usage, reward points, serialized assets such as gold bars or collectibles, the list of use cases is literally endless.
- The feature that stands out above all the others, is that the asset layer is written into the protocol and not piggybacked on top of the native currency with a smart contract in the way ETH handles it. What that means is unlike ETH/BTC where you would have to spend ETH/BTC to process the transfer of an assets, Ravencoin costs you the Burn amount on creation but let’s you transfer virtually free. Imagine having to spend BTC for every transaction if you were to distribute 10,000 tokens to unique addresses. Not with Ravencoin. You pay the RVN to create the assets, but from there, the cost and efficiency is unrivaled by any other protocol.
- the tokens can’t be accidentally destroyed by inadvertently sending them to an exchange. So a unique token called moonboy6969 could be transferred between parties indefinitely without the risk of being destroyed.
- Ravencoin also supports many different types of tokens with varying issuance options ie single issue, reissue-able, unique/one of a kind.
- Ravencoin allows messages to be broadcast to token/asset holders.
- Ravencoin allows voting by the token/asset holders and Voting tokens can be distributed to the asset/share holders. Also, vote tokens can be sent to specific addresses to vote (like common stocks vs. preferred Stock)”
Explain like Im 5 the pros of RVN in comparison to BTC or other cryptos in general? from Ravencoin
(Source Topic from Reddit)